What will I learn?
This course will cover all skills and knowledge necessary for freediving supervision and guiding, including:
- General Roles and responsibilities of a Freediver Supervisor
- Equipment setup and teardown
- Operating procedures in recreational freediving
- Operating procedures in training, competitions and events
- AIDA Competition protocols and structure
- Risk and assessment
- Freediver management: Buddy assignments, student rotations
- Dive accounting procedures
- Freediving accident management and evacuation procedures
What’s in it for me?
- The ability to supervise training sessions, safety teams in competition and recreational freediving trips
- The ability to plan and organize your own freediving events
- Eligibility to further your professional status by enrolling the PFI assistant instructor course
The low down
As this is a professional course, higher manpower and specialty equipment is needed, this course is not run regularly. Contact us for specific details such as course duration, location and pricing.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Above average swimming skills
- PFI Intermediate Freediver certification (or equivalent with a one-day crossover course)
- PFI Safety Freediver certification
- Good health and fitness + medical clearance form
- FRTI First response Adult, Child & Infant emergency care certification and FRTI O2 administration certification (or equivalents)
- Successfully complete all the knowledge development, confined water, and open water training sessions.
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning planning and execution.
- Achieve a passing score of 80% on the final exam and show whole knowledge comprehension.
- Complete all the required in-water skills at a satisfactory standard
Enquire with us today!