What will I learn?
This course will cover all skills and knowledge necessary for open water Freediving, including:
- Breathing techniques to increase breath-hold safely
- Freediving-specific finning and movement techniques to increase efficiency
- Equalization techniques for freediving
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, respiratory and cardiovascular systems, physical aquatic adaptations, etc.
- Safety and problem management: buddy teams and supervision, rescue procedures for blackouts and loss of motor control, identifying and remedying pressure-related injuries, etc.
- Dive planning and site selection
- Freediving-specific equipment selection, use and maintenance
- And much more!
What's in it for me?
Upon successful completion of the PFI Freediver course, you may:
- Independently dive with other certified freedivers at many dive sites around the world
- Join training and dive trips with freediving centers
- Join dive trips with certain scuba centers to depths of up to 20 meters as a freediver (with a certified buddy)
- Continue your dive education by enrolling in the PFI Intermediate Freediver course
The low down
- Minimum 18 years of age or 16 years with parental consent
- Competent swimming skills
- Basic experience in snorkeling
- Good health and fitness
- Successfully complete all the knowledge development, confined water, and open water training sessions.
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning planning and execution.
- Achieve a passing score of 80% on the final exam and show whole knowledge comprehension.
- Complete all the required in-water skills at a satisfactory standard
|Course Material||PFI online manual and exam|
|Confined water and Theory component||2 days of combined theory and pool sessions|
|Open water sessions (local)||2 days of open water, 1 day at Keppel Bay and 1 day at Lazarus Island|
|Equipment rental||All necessary equipment for the course: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, wetsuit and weights|
|E-Certification (Upon successful completion of course)||Physical Card is available at a surcharge of $10|
*Overseas trip to Panglao is available as well. Enquire with us!