What will I learn?
This course will introduce techniques and skills focused on further developing your depth and breath-hold, including:
- Constant Weight (depth) development:
- Freefall, Kick cycles, intermediate equalization, etc.
- Static Apnea (breath hold) development:
- Purging cycles, packing, reverse packing, etc.
- Extended physiology of freediving:
- Nervous, circulatory and respiratory systems, lung volume measurements and pulmonary functions
- Intermediate level buddying and rescue procedures:
- Positioning and proximity, performance evaluations, self-bailout, assisted bailout, lost diver rescue and tow, etc.
- Physiological and psychological stresses and dangers:
- Types of blackouts, whiteout, lung overexpansion, extended barotrauma, anxiety stimulus, etc.
- Negative pressure/exhale diving for training
- Independent training program development: hypercapnic and hypoxic tables
- And much more!
What’s in it for me?
Upon successful completion of the PFI Intermediate Freediver course, you may:
- Join dive trips with certain dive centers to depths of up to 40 meters (with an equivalent level certified buddy)
- Be eligible for the PFI Safety Freediver course – the first step to becoming a professional freediver
- Be eligible for the PFI technical freediving/mixed gas breathing specialty course
The low down
- Minimum 18 years of age or 16 years with parental consent
- Competent swimming skills
- PFI Freediver certification (or equivalent with a one-day crossover course)
- Good health and fitness
- Successfully complete all the knowledge development, confined water, and open water training sessions.
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning planning and execution.
- Achieve a passing score of 80% on the final exam and show whole knowledge comprehension.
- Complete all the required in-water skills at a satisfactory standard
|Course Material||PFI online manual and exam|
|Confined water and Theory component||2 days of combined theory and pool sessions|
|Open water sessions (Panglao, Philippines)||3 Days of training including boat fees|
|Equipment rental||All necessary equipment for the course: Mask, Fins, Snorkel, wetsuit and weights|
|E-Certification (Upon successful completion of course)||Physical Card is available at a surcharge of $10|
Enquire with us today!