What will I learn?
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning and dive site selection
- Basic scuba skills: mask and regulator skills, propulsion techniques, buoyancy control, basic rescue and emergency procedures, etc.
- And much more – you’ll have to come with us to see!
What's in it for me?
- Experience open water dives in conditions similar to your training
- Continue your dive education by enrolling in the SDI Advanced Diver courses
- Dive up to 18m depth in many dive sites around the world
- 18 years of age, 10 – 17 years of age with written parental consent1
- Basic swimming skills and water confidence
1 Students ages 10 – 14 may obtain an SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification, upon completion of the course. Upon reaching 15 years of age, this certification may be upgraded to an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver certification. Ask us how!
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
|Course Preparation||Classroom theory session in Singapore
Pool confined water session in Singapore
|Course Material||SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Manual|
|Equipment Rental||All necessary equipment for the course:
Buoyancy Compensator Device (BCD)
|Course Trip (2D2N Overland, Tioman)||2-way transfers between Singapore and Tioman, Malaysia
2 nights accommodation in Malaysia
2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
Up to 5 dives, weather permitting
Price includes all necessary course material, instructor and certification fees.
Price excludes marine park fees (MYR 30 ≈ SGD 10), payable to local authorities in Malaysia.
What are you waiting for?